How Ink Is Made
The understanding of all creatures is relative to their field of perception, involving illusion, confusion and delusion creating their reality. Maya is the illusory creative force of the supreme lord.
Life is about how we perceive things and in our images we may want to keep it clean and simple, not loading it down with information, have a point of focus, an area of interest where we are directing the audience and creating the emotion of the moment.
What is the best way to present the information.
When we are creating our visions we think doubt the mood, style, patterns of light, textural references, camera moves, simplicity, clarity, colour, structure, balance and creating depth with things such as additive keying, blurs, transparency and opacity. We can colour code different elements to tie them together, soften edges and use vignetted edges.
Using all of this to create and control why types of information are available and how we present our vision.
MODERN ART SHORTHAND
The thing is all of this stuff has now become our reality.
DUCHAMP, MARC, MALEVICH, MONDRIAN, MIRO, ARP, KLEE, KANDINSKY, BRACK, WHITELY, CHRISTO, MAGRITTE, LIECHTENSTEIN, WARHOL, POLLOCK, STELA, ARKLEY, DOONS, GOLDSWORTHY.
PIONEERS, REBELS, REVOLUTIONARIES, MINIATURISERS, ROCK STARS, PARTNERS and VISIONARIES
SAUL BASS film title designer, HENRY DREYFUSS industrial designer AM CASSANDRA poster designer, FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT architect, BENTON fashion retailer and magazine publisher, MAN RAY photographer, STEVE WOZNIAK computer designer, JOSHUA DAVIS, web designer, JAMIE REID graphic designer, JONATHAN BARNBROOK graphic designer, ADJUSTERS MEDIA FOUNDATION culture jammers, MAMBO design collective, EL LISSITZKY graphic designer and typographer, BAUHAUS art and design school, WOLFING WEINGART typographer, COCO CHANEL fashion designer, ALEX ISSIGONIS car designer, JOE COLOMBO industrial designer and architect, SONY electronics company, MARY QUANT fashion designer, NARC NEWSON industrial designer, NEVILLE BRODY graphic designer, PHILLIPS STARCK industrial designer and architect, RAYMOND LOEWY industrial designer, CHARLES and RAY EAMES architects and furniture designers, WALTER BURLEY GRIFFIN and MARION MAHONY architects, GRANT and MARY FEATHERSTONE furniture designers, GILBERT and GEROGE artists, FRITZ LANG film director, ROBERTO BURIE MARS landscape designer, JOHANNES ITTEN design teacher, LE CORBUSIER architect.
OPTICAL ILLUSIONS: The Lie of the Eye
How easily we deceive ourselves with the mind-bending history of visual or optical illusions. Is the opposite to illusion reality? Is what we think to be real an illusion? The paradoxical nature of illusion. We have learnt to see things with perspective, the Renaissance painting using perspective that we have become familiar with, we assume to know what we see.
People running from the cinema because the train was coming straight for them, they took the illusion to be true. The world has become illusion through the non-reality of media and communication, no absolute truth, just different versions of reality in our minds. The rules can be bent, the contradictions to our reality.
LESSON BUCKET: Brett Lamb is a media educator and writer. He is co-author of Heinemann Media, a regular contributor to the magazine Screen Education and maintains the media education website www.lessonbucket.com. Throughout his career, Brett has presented workshops and seminars on topics as diverse as comic books, film noir, superhero narratives, social networking, action movies, filmmaking, Final Cut Pro and VCE Media. He has worked for the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA), Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) and the Intellectual Property Awareness Foundation (IPAF). He currently works for East Doncaster Secondary College.
Set in a city overrun by bureaucracy, Shaun Tan’s picture book The Lost Thing tells the story of a boy who befriends a strange creature that doesn’t fit any of the available pigeon holes. Melbourne-based production company Passion Pictures Australia invited Shaun to direct an animated version of The Lost Thing. Several years later, the Oscar®-winning short film emerged. Shaun Tan discusses aspects of his work and the collaboration with Passion Pictures to make the animated version of his book.
Steven Sahlberg, Graig Mullins, Ryan Church, Pascal Blanché, Stephan Martiniere, John Berkley, Syd Mead, Ralph McQuarrie, H.R. Tiger, Daniel Dociu, Jim Burns, Roger Dean
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TECH LEAD AT NAUGHTY DOG, with CHRISTOPHE DESSE
- Working With the Five Basic Types of Concept Artists.
- EXPOSÉ – THE PAST, THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE
- CG Cookie: THE IMPORTANCE OF REFERENCE
- ARTIST INSIGHT: YINXUAN LI DEZARMENIEN
- ASHLEY WOOD
- http://www.cgsociety.org/news/article/2493/warrior-s-pilgrimage-breakdown-by-arif-pribadiWARRIOR’S PILGRIMAGE BREAKDOWN BY ARIF PRIBADI
- THE BEGINNING STAGES OF BLACKBEARD, WITH PETER ZOPPI
- 3 ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR DIGITAL PAINTING OF A FANTASY SCENE, WITH DONGJUN LU
- AN INTERVIEW WITH MATT RHODES, LEAD CONCEPT ARTIST AT BIOWARE
- AN INTERVIEW WITH DESIGNER & DIRECTOR ASH THORP
- HOW ‘THE JUNGLE BOOK’ BROKE GROUND AT MPC AND HOW IT HINTS AT FUTURE ROLE OF ANIMATOR
- CREATING CHARACTERS for AAA GAMES, with RENAUD GALAND
- IMPORTANT LOOKING PIRATES on WESTWORLD
- HANZO- AN INTERVIEW WITH 3D ARTIST, YINGBIAO HAN
- CREATING AND DEVELOPING AS A LEAD ASSET ARTIST AT THE MILL WITH KRYSTAL SAE EUA
- BEING A CHARACTER ARTIST IN THE AAA GAMES INDUSTRY, WITH HONG CHAN LIM
- DESIGNING KING KONG: SKULL ISLAND WITH EDDIE DEL RIO
- INTERPRETING 2D CONCEPTS INTO 3D DESIGNS, WITH CLAUDIO SAAVEDRA
- CONCEPT DESIGNING IN 3D WITH EDON GURAZIU
- 4 TIPS FOR IMPROVING YOUR MYTHICAL CREATURE DESIGNS, WITH SAM SANTALA
REBUS FARM Render Services 3D Artist of the Month
SOME RECOMMENDED BOOKS
- Simplified Drawing for Planning Animation – Wayne Gilbert
- Dynamic Figure Drawing – Burne Hogarth
- Basic Principles of Design – Manfred Maier
- The Natural Way to Draw – Kimon Niclolaides
- The Art of Perspective Drawing – The Grumbacher Library
The Golden Key by Jonathan Quintin
- Design Tips for 6 Common Marketing Projects for logos, stationery, broachers, flyers, social media graphics and infographics.
- Jumpstart Your Next Project with Guided Templates for projects like invitations and promotional material.
- Browse Bechance, Be Inspired inspirational work by top designers and artists on Bechance, the world’s largest creative community.
- Create Flyers That Stand Out
- Start a flyer design from scratch
Design Principles: Smashing Magazine
Smashing Magazine: Design Principles
John Berger / Ways of Seeing , Episode 1 (1972)
John Berger and Susan Sontag / To Tell A Story (1983)
John Berger About Time
Hung in Time: John Berger draws Tilda Swinton
Rear Window – JOHN BERGER WRITER, PAINTER, ART CRITIC
Blotted Line Lesson from The Andy Warhol Museum
Alan Watts & David Lindberg – Why Your Life Is Not A Journey
Nephtali » by Glen Keane
Painting Rajah from “Aladdin” in Photoshop
Introducing: Marmoset Hexels
The NeoLucida is a drawing aid and a modern reinterpretation of the camera lucida, trace what you see.