HANCINEMA Korean Movie & Drama Data Base http://www.hancinema.net/#&panel1-1
There might be people who haven’t seen a Korean film out there, but there is no one who has seen a Korean film once only. We bet once you join our fantastic event, you will fall in love with Korean films.
Cinewest was conceived as an association in 1999 under the auspice of Auburn Community Development Network. In 2003, Cinewest became a legal entity as Company Limited by Guarantee (non-for Profit). Cinewest Board of directors are active media, academic, film and television industry members foreseeing the company’s aims and objectives. Since 2004, Cinewest is partially subsidized by Sydney Olympic Park Authority to deliver a series of screen culture activities and events as part of its arts and cultural strategies.
Since its conception, Cinewest has been a recipient of various grants and funds from Screen Australia, Screen NSW, the Australia Council for the Arts, Regional Arts Fund NSW, Arts NSW and many local and regional councils such as; Auburn Council, Parramatta Council and Shire Council.
The films bombed in local box offices*, but Chris and Barry thought they could draw a decent crowd.
Pat Garret and Billy the Kid, 1973, Peckinpah: a Western drama featuring Bob Dylan. Nashville, 1975, Altman: a sprawling satire, featuring rowdy country music.
They could have shown something safer, more palatable. Or they could have run the risk but hedged against catastrophe — they could have braced themselves for a modest turnout and polite, uninspired applause. At the very least, they could have chosen a humble venue to hide the empty space.
But they booked the St. Kilda Palais Theatre, the majestic edifice beside Melbourne’s Luna Park, and screened films that had proven to be commercial failures.
NOVEMBER 2016: Aussie Female Feature Filmmakers
These feature films are hitting the screens both big and small over the coming months including the theatrical and digital release of DRAMA on 17th November and the digital release of CRUSHED on 1st November, 2016. These films all pass the ‘Three Tick Test’ (At least three roles filled by women: writer, director, producer, protagonist) and have been recently released or are coming soon. Support women in film and check out these Aussie titles now at cinemas and online.
- ALL ABOUT E – writer/director by Louise Wadley / producer by Jay Rutovitz
- AMBROSIA – writer/director by Rhiannon Bannenberg
- CHASING ASYLUM – director/producer Eva Orner
- CRUSHED – writer/director/producer Megan Riakos / producer Sarah Bishop
- DAMAGED – director/producer Maha Wilson
- DRAMA writer/director/producer by Sophie Mathisen / producer Dominique Mathisen
- EMBRACE – writer/director/producer Taryn Brumfitt / producer Anna Vincent
- GAYBY BABY – Maya Newell
- GIRL ASLEEP – director/co-producer Rosemary Myers
- INNER DEMON – writer/director Ursula Dobrowski / producer Sue Brown
- LOOKING FOR GRACE – writer/director Sue Brooks / producers Lizzette Atkins, Sue Taylor, Alison Tilson
- SKIN DEEP – writer Monica Zanetti / producer by Rosie Lourde
- SHERPA – writer/director Jennifer Peedom / producer Bridget Ikin
- STRANGERLAND – director Kim Farrant / writer Fiona Seres / producer Naomi Wenck
- THE CONNECTION – Shannon Harvey
- THE DRESS MAKER – writer/director Jocelyn Moorhouse / producer Sue Maslin / novel by Rosalie Ham
- THE OPPOSITION – director/producer Hollie Fifer / producers Rebecca Barry, Madeleine Hetherton.
- WIDE OPEN SKY – writer/director/producer Lisa Nicol / producer Anna Craney
- WOMEN HE’S UNDRESSED – director/producer Gillian Armstrong / writer Katherine Thomson
SOME FILMS I HAVE SEEN
CAVE of FORGOTTEN DREAMS (2010)
CAPTAIN PHILLIPS (2013)
CHILDREN of MEN
CHILDREN of SILK ROAD (The Children of Huang Shi)
CITY OF GOD
CLIENT, THE 1994
Don’t Be Too Polite, Girsl (1975) by Martha Ansara
GHOST in the SHELL
HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE 2004
IMITATION GAME, THE 2014
INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE
KING OF PIGS, THE (Dwae-ji-ui wang)
KWANDONG VIPER (Gwandongsalmusa),
MAN OF STEEL
MISS REPRESENTATION 2011
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – Rogue Nation – Skydance
MR HUBLOT (Winner of the 2014 Oscar for Best Animated Short Film)
MYANMAR’S KILLING FIELDS
RECIPE, THE (Doenjang)
RIDE LIKE A GIRL (2019)
SHOPLIFTERS Japan (Winner – Palme d’Or, Cannes Film Festival 2018)
TAARE SAMEEN PAR Every Child is Special (2007)
THIRD MAN, THE (1949)
THIRD WIFE, THE (2018)
THELMA and LOUISE (1991)
WHITE BALLOON, THE 1995